Updated Controlled Drugs Regulations from 1st April 2013
28th February 2013
Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013 (SI2103/373) for England and Scotland will come into force on 1st April 2013. These deal with governance arrangements, in particular the role and functions of Controlled Drugs Accountable Officers (CDAO), and also reflect the new architecture for the NHS in England from April 2013.
These regulations supersede the Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2006 (“the 2006 Regulations”) which came into force in 2007, and follow a consultation process by the Department of Health (DH) in September 2012 (see our article 28-09-2012).
The DH has published information about the 2013 Regulations which can be downloaded below, along with the official Regulations and the summary of responses to the consultation.
- Calling all members - please complete our satisfaction survey!
- pH testing for nasogastric tube positioning is cost effective
- Hydromorphone injection now authorized in the UK
- Patient Safety Alert: Risk of death and severe harm from error with injectable phenytoin
- PCF5+ 2016 PDF now available
- Hydrocortisone 100mg/mL injection batch recall
- Medicines optimisation consultation
- Medical device alert: insulin delivery devices
- IV carbamazepine authorized in the US
- PCF5+ 2016 pdf available soon!