Updated Controlled Drugs Regulations from 1st April 2013
28th February 2013
Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013 (SI2103/373) for England and Scotland will come into force on 1st April 2013. These deal with governance arrangements, in particular the role and functions of Controlled Drugs Accountable Officers (CDAO), and also reflect the new architecture for the NHS in England from April 2013.
These regulations supersede the Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2006 (“the 2006 Regulations”) which came into force in 2007, and follow a consultation process by the Department of Health (DH) in September 2012 (see our article 28-09-2012).
The DH has published information about the 2013 Regulations which can be downloaded below, along with the official Regulations and the summary of responses to the consultation.
- Japanese translation of PCF now available!
- Die März/April Ausgabe des APM Newsletter ist fertig
- Buprenorphine therapeutic review
- Cyclizine 50mg/mL injection supply problem in UK
- SIGN lung cancer guideline for consultation
- NICE evidence summary of oral desmopressin
- NICE changes its name
- Asilone discontinued in UK
- GMC publishes Good practice in prescribing and managing medicines and devices
- Aqueous cream may cause skin irritation