Updated Controlled Drugs Regulations from 1st April 2013
28th February 2013
Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013 (SI2103/373) for England and Scotland will come into force on 1st April 2013. These deal with governance arrangements, in particular the role and functions of Controlled Drugs Accountable Officers (CDAO), and also reflect the new architecture for the NHS in England from April 2013.
These regulations supersede the Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2006 (“the 2006 Regulations”) which came into force in 2007, and follow a consultation process by the Department of Health (DH) in September 2012 (see our article 28-09-2012).
The DH has published information about the 2013 Regulations which can be downloaded below, along with the official Regulations and the summary of responses to the consultation.
- Co-danthramer and strong co-danthramer capsules discontinued
- Ketamine supply update
- Cochrane review: Palliative interventions for controlling vaginal bleeding in advanced cervical cancer
- Temazepam prescriptions now need to meet requirements for Schedule 3 CDs
- Naloxegol for opioid-induced constipation
- Updated advice on high-dose ibuprofen
- Cochrane review: Corticosteroids for the management of cancer-related pain in adults
- MHRA: Tramadol 50mg capsules batch recall
- Never Event list 2015/2016
- Codeine for cough and cold contra-indicated for children under 12 years