Updated Controlled Drugs Regulations from 1st April 2013
28th February 2013
Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013 (SI2103/373) for England and Scotland will come into force on 1st April 2013. These deal with governance arrangements, in particular the role and functions of Controlled Drugs Accountable Officers (CDAO), and also reflect the new architecture for the NHS in England from April 2013.
These regulations supersede the Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2006 (“the 2006 Regulations”) which came into force in 2007, and follow a consultation process by the Department of Health (DH) in September 2012 (see our article 28-09-2012).
The DH has published information about the 2013 Regulations which can be downloaded below, along with the official Regulations and the summary of responses to the consultation.
- Pregabalin 75mg capsules: MHRA batch alert
- CQC annual report: safer management of controlled drugs
- Care of the dying: NICE guideline consultation
- Legislation changes for the availability of parenteral naloxone
- MHRA further measures to minimise risk of ONJ with denosumab and IV bisphosphonates
- Cochrane review: Antidepressants for the treatment of depression in people with cancer
- Ketamine 50mg/mL injection back in stock
- Phenobarbital 200mg/mL injection shortage
- Co-danthramer and strong co-danthramer capsules discontinued
- Ketamine supply update