Updated Controlled Drugs Regulations from 1st April 2013
28th February 2013
Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013 (SI2103/373) for England and Scotland will come into force on 1st April 2013. These deal with governance arrangements, in particular the role and functions of Controlled Drugs Accountable Officers (CDAO), and also reflect the new architecture for the NHS in England from April 2013.
These regulations supersede the Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2006 (“the 2006 Regulations”) which came into force in 2007, and follow a consultation process by the Department of Health (DH) in September 2012 (see our article 28-09-2012).
The DH has published information about the 2013 Regulations which can be downloaded below, along with the official Regulations and the summary of responses to the consultation.
- NICE evidence summary for fentanyl transdermal patient controlled system
- New naproxen suspension available in UK
- Neuropathic pain: pregabalin and gabapentin prescribing
- Topical miconazole interaction with warfarin
- RPS guidance for the prescribers of Specials
- IPC5 now available!
- e-learning Indian palliative care course
- Epistatus 10mg/mL oromucosal solution batch recall
- IPC5 available soon
- RCGP End of Life Care toolkit