Updated Controlled Drugs Regulations from 1st April 2013
28th February 2013
Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013 (SI2103/373) for England and Scotland will come into force on 1st April 2013. These deal with governance arrangements, in particular the role and functions of Controlled Drugs Accountable Officers (CDAO), and also reflect the new architecture for the NHS in England from April 2013.
These regulations supersede the Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2006 (“the 2006 Regulations”) which came into force in 2007, and follow a consultation process by the Department of Health (DH) in September 2012 (see our article 28-09-2012).
The DH has published information about the 2013 Regulations which can be downloaded below, along with the official Regulations and the summary of responses to the consultation.
- Use of dexamethasone formulations in palliative care: a palliativedrugs.com response to recent changes
- New Scottish Palliative Care Guidelines
- Recivit (fentanyl) SL tablets batch recall
- Naloxone - Patient Safety Alert
- New medicines compliance aid database
- PCF5 now available
- Glycopyrronium injection shortage
- BNF and BNFc website has moved
- Updated drug tariff Specials list
- FDA reschedules hydrocodone combination products