Updated Controlled Drugs Regulations from 1st April 2013
28th February 2013
Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013 (SI2103/373) for England and Scotland will come into force on 1st April 2013. These deal with governance arrangements, in particular the role and functions of Controlled Drugs Accountable Officers (CDAO), and also reflect the new architecture for the NHS in England from April 2013.
These regulations supersede the Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2006 (“the 2006 Regulations”) which came into force in 2007, and follow a consultation process by the Department of Health (DH) in September 2012 (see our article 28-09-2012).
The DH has published information about the 2013 Regulations which can be downloaded below, along with the official Regulations and the summary of responses to the consultation.
- Patient Safety Alert for fluid/food thickening powder
- Ketamine supply update
- MHRA website has moved
- Patient Safety Alert for LMWH
- Oral diclofenac restricted to a POM
- Levinan survey winners
- Metformin changes
- APPM Master Formulary 2015 3rd edition now available
- Patient Safety Alert for potassium permanganate
- Use of dexamethasone formulations in palliative care: a palliativedrugs.com response to recent changes